Sunday, February 1, 2009

Life Is Good

I’m bouncing off the walls like a pinball, Donny twirls me around, I’m about to burst, I want to go outside and shout at the top of my lungs! He tries to calm me down but I’m not having it- we worked too hard for this. What’s this all about? Well, WE’RE SAILING AWAYYYY (to be sung aloud in your head to the tune of the Styx, not the Eric Cartman version)!! Just about the time our visions of traversing the crystal clear waters of the Caribbean Sea had turned into ridiculously long airport security lines and listening to another perky flight attendant tell us how to stick one end of a seat belt into the other, the phone call came. Lars and Inger, with their beautiful 49 foot cutter Cinnabar, will be our new companions on a voyage down to the Yucatan. We should be getting picked up in West Palm in about 10 days, which gives us some time to catch up on things like this blog, visit friends, and maybe we’ll even get to go to the beach finally!

Lars and Inger are a Danish couple that live in Puerto Aventuras and are taking their boat there. We’ll have a couple week stop in Abuc, a lesser visited Caribbean island. They have dive and snorkel gear aboard so we can enjoy the beautiful Caribbean, plus fishing rods for the freshest seafood you can get. And yes, we already checked on their experience, the life rafts, navigation systems, fire extinguisher to hull ratio, and anti-iceberg torpedoes, so all those friends and family we know already worrying, stop. So yes in fact, life is very, very good.

2 comments:

  1. The pictures of Cinnabar are great. You should have a great sailing experience with Lars & Inger to the Yucatan. Take good notes so you can write a book someday.

    Love ya............DADDY-O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke and Donny!

    I just got back from a conference in Costa Rica to find your emails! I am so excited for you both and will be checking up on your adventures regualarly. I have some good links for you in Guatemala so let me know when you are getting close and I'll send you the info. Your hair looks great Brooke! I'm sure you had fun with Jim & Dorothy...I'll have to get down to 'Geezerville' to visit too :-)

    Cool nuh man! Float good :-)

    Dan

    ReplyDelete